Planning the perfect wedding reception? One way to inject some extra fun into the event is to play the Wedding Shoe Game. This massively popular wedding reception activity is sure to make the guests giggle and kick things off to a lively start. Here’s what you should know.
What Is the Wedding Shoe Game?
The Wedding Shoe Game is a popular reception activity that tests the couple’s knowledge of each other. From who is the funniest to who is the best cook, the newlyweds will have to answer a variety of questions without seeing one another’s answers.
When the meal is over and the toasts have been given, playing this game is a quick way to get guests in the party mood. Alternately, you could play the game in between the band leaving and the DJ starting their set. Pick a time that suits the flow of the party.
How to Play the Wedding Shoe Game
Playing the Wedding Shoe Game couldn’t be simpler. When the moment comes, enlist the help of the bridal party to clear the dance floor and set it up.
Step 1: Set the Game Up
To set up the Wedding Shoe Game, put two chairs back-to-back in the center of the dance floor. The couple should sit on the chairs so they cannot see one another. Have both of them take off their shoes and swap one of them. That means that each person will have one of their own shoes and one of their partner’s shoes.
Step 2: Pick a Host
Now it’s time to pick a host. This person may be a guest or someone in the bridal party, such as the best man or the maid of honor. Make sure that the person is confident enough to speak in front of a crowd and has a loud voice (or a mic!).
Step 3: Start the Questions
Now the fun really starts. The host should start reading out questions about the couple. For example, one question may be ‘who made the first move?’ Throughout the game, the caller should ask around 20-50 questions. After each one, the caller will leave a short pause, in which the couple can answer and the guests can react.
Step 4: Raise the Shoes
Of course, the couple doesn’t simply shout out answers! Oh no, they raise the shoes in their hands instead. When a question is asked, they should raise the shoe of the person the question describes.
Before making any plans, check that the couple is happy to play this game. You don’t want to surprise them last-minute with this activity.
Wedding Shoe Game Questions
Looking for some inspiration along the way? We’ve got you covered. Here are 50 examples of the best Wedding Shoe Game questions to get you started:
- Who made the first move?
- Who said “I love you” first?
- Who is the better cook?
- Who cooks most often?
- Who is the better driver?
- Who is more organized?
- Who has a better fashion sense?
- Who chooses where you go for dinner?
- Who does the household chores?
- Who wakes up first?
- Who stays up the latest?
- Who is funnier?
- Who is the cleanest?
- Who makes all the plans?
- Who is more outgoing?
- Who is the better kisser?
- Who is the flirtier one?
- Who is better at keeping secrets?
- Who has the best taste in music?
- Who has the best taste in films?
- Who has the best taste in TV?
- Who is most likely to binge-watch a show?
- Who loves reading the most?
- Who is the nerdiest one?
- Who looks after the pets more?
- Who talks the most?
- Who talks the loudest?
- Who is more serious?
- Who spends the longest in the bathroom?
- Who takes the longest showers?
- Who takes the longest to get ready?
- Who is the most adventurous?
- Who plans the best date nights?
- Who is the pickiest eater?
- Who looks the best today?
- Who is the most stubborn?
- Who exercises more?
- Who is the better dancer?
- Who is the better singer?
- Who takes up more than half of the bed?
- Who has the better hair?
- Who is the first to apologize?
- Who always thinks they are right?
- Who is more romantic?
Culled from brides.com by Charlotte Grainger